Wednesday, March 28, 2012

What to try?!

OK, so I have heard some "buzz" on some new mass market brands that I think I am going to try out.  I have heard a lot about the  L'Oreal Infallible eye shadow, the Hard Candy colored mascaras and the Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush.  


I am excited to try the L'Oreal eye shadow #1 because I heart eye shadow- #2- it comes in some really awesome shades (GOLD?!  Me likey- Gotta have it!) and #3 its SHINY- and I'm like a toddler that way- I get easily distracted by shiny objects.  I have heard that these are best applied damp with a paddle style brush...we shall see.


Now the Hard Candy thing kind of threw me for a loop!  Back in the day, when I was in high school (dating myself now) Hard Candy was carried at Dillard's and was PRICEY for my high school self.  I remember drooling over their nail polishes and freaking over all their fun colors.  


WELL- now you can find Hard Candy at WALMART!  




Not only is it FAR more accessible, but its REALLY reasonably priced!  Seriously- $5 for mascara?!  Don't mind if I do.  Hard Candy is still geared toward the younger crowd who tends to be more experimental with colors....I may not be young, BUT I LOVE COLOR!  Seriously- look at that cobalt blue! I smile just looking at it!  Where do you wear cobalt blue mascara you may ask....EVERYWHERE AND ANYWHERE!  Be BOLD!






Finally, The Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush....This one kind of threw me too!  I LOVES me some cream blush- I am ADDICTED to NYX in Hot Pink and Mac in Sweet William.  They look more natural and dewy than powder blush.  They do take some getting used to....but back to the point- Maybelline.  OK- so the concept may be a little kitchy- its a cream blush with a spongy texture.  I have heard that these are fun though.  I think the coral shall be mine as coral and orange are "THE COLORS OF THE SEASON".  (And it's my 4 year old's favorite color- he is VERY vocal about how I choose to style myself)  




I'm sad to let go of plum lipstick and navy eye shadow but I'm excited for spring.  What are YOU trying for spring?  A new color?  A new formula- like tinted moisturizer rather than foundation?  I tend to lighten up color wise but I keep my basics generally the same.  I'm SO excited to rock posy colored lips and corals all season long...along with flowers popping up and the sun shining more.  I'm also looking forward to short sleeves, less layering and not having to pack 75 blankets for a trip to Walmart...for the baby, not me.  What would YOU like me to try?  What products have peaked YOUR interest?  Let me know!  Comment below!









No comments:

Post a Comment