Saturday, March 24, 2012

Kiss My Nails Please- Kiss Nail Dress

So in my Vox Box of goodies I also got the Kiss Nail Dresses.  I was SUPER hesitant about these because I am SUPER hard on my nails.  I wash dishes, change diapers, cook, clean bathrooms and wash my hands about 40 times per day- no exaggeration.  So when nail stickers were sent my way I thought that these were for the birds...or young kids.  The thing that kept me interested were all of the cute design options.  There are SO many to chose from.  I was sent the leopard print ones.  Honestly, they are probably the least favorite out of the bunch for me- but I'm a 31 year old fuddy duddy. 

The stickers come sealed in a plastic film with a nail file.  When you open the film there is a very strong epoxy scent that initially worried me.  How strong ARE these things?  Are they ever coming off?  Once the package was opened for 30 seconds, there was no more smell- so that was nice.  There are 28 different sticker.  2 stickers in 14 different sizes.  I had a little trouble with that because I have pretty tiny nail beds- so I utilized the smallest the fastest.  I also have pretty curved nails.  They not only are deep set on the sides but they have a natural curve to them as well.  Putting a flat sticker over the curved surface caused some wrinkling but I was able to press most of them pretty well so they weren't too obvious.  These are really easy to put on.  It took me all of 5-10 minutes.  The only thing I didn't love about putting them on is that it takes an emery board to file the ends off.  When you do that- it doesn't leave the sticker all the way to the end but ends a millimeter or 2 from the end.  With the leopard print it's not too obvious though- so I cant complain TOO much.

I decided to really put them to the test.  I put them on Friday night.  I knew I had a busy weekend ahead of me so I thought that I would "put them to the test".  I put whole stickers on all my fingers but my ring fingers.  I cut those into french tips.  I wanted to see how they performed with different applications.  The fingers with the french tip I put a UV gel top coat over to seal it in.  On my index fingers I put a regular top coat and my thumbs I put a UV gel top coat over the entire sticker.  I wanted to see if anything like this helped them stick longer, kept them shinier or changed the color of the sticker.
So its been almost a week- 6 days- and I am SHOCKED to tell you that I kind of love these.  I purposely tried taking one off to see how hard it was to remove it and it was a breeze!  It left a tacky surface that I just rubbed with some alcohol and my nail was back to new!  No acetone, no filing- it was AWESOME.  My nails still look pretty much the same- which is a good thing!  
The results of the top- coat challenge....Do NOT put a traditional top coat over these.  It didn't go on that smoothly because its a plastic top- and it didn't dry well.  The french tip that I did a UV gel over the top still look amazing.  None of them have lifted and it still looks shiny- but that's UV gel for you.  My thumbs that got a full coat of UV top coat still look awesome and perfect- but I seriously could have gone without the top coat.  The only use I would do a top coat is if you are cutting them or using them just as french tips- to really seal them in.  
Would I actually go out and purchase them?  Yeah actually I would.  I wouldn't wear them as my normal day in and day out polish alternative but they are a really fun once and while option!  If you cut them down to tips you can get a TON of uses out of them too which is nice.  They retail in the $6 range and you an find them anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment