Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Mommy Mani

So as you all know by now we are insanely busy at our place with our newest addition!  I swear that sweats and tanks have become my wardrobe and a shower alone is a luxury!  So finding time to do my nails is basically out of the question.  I have had a Shellac manicure done in the past and I LOVED it but it took 1 hour no including drive time and it cost me $35.  I loved the gel soak off manicure though because my polish never chipped, never lost its luster and didn't damage my natural nails.  I have my hands in water cleaning and cooking and washing my hands a million times a day due to having a new little one- and it lasted like crazy!  SO- I am writing this post because I have fallen in LOVE with a new product and I have to spread the word.
I was walking my local Walmart and found a whole starter set of DIY gel soak off nails called Sensationail.  Its the same process that the professional used on me and I decided to pick it up and give it a try.  I chose the Scarlet starter set that had an LED UV lamp, nail cleaner, primer, gel base and top coat, colored polish, nail files, orange stick and lint free cleaning pads.  I picked it up for $50 so I figured that if I had two mani's it would more than pay for itself.
Verdict you ask?  Love, love, love, cant believe I ever lived without it!  I cant believe that I can have the same results at home that I had with a professional mani!  I did the full regale the first time and soaked the cuticles, buffed the skin and everything.  It took me about an hour as I was trying it out for the first time and I was unsure if I was following the instructions properly.  It seemed too easy and I couldn't believe that it literally took 10 minutes to paint and dry my nails.  Not just to a soft finish that I have to be careful with but to a rock solid shiny smooth nail!  Any and all mommies who want to try to maintain manicured nails without weekly pricey visits or want to have great results need to pick this up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment