Monday, March 26, 2012

Mascara Madness!!!

OK, So there was a funny article on yahoo.com (click HERE to link) about the all time best mascaras.  I somewhat laughed at their selections...seriously who do you know who is paying $49 for a tube of mascara at Saks?  Uh, not me.  So I thought that I might do: (dun dun dun dun) Kristen's Mascara Madness!  My top mascara pics across all budgets.


Mascara is a lot more than just black or brown crap that you smear on your lashes.  It can transform you for the good or the bad.  You should ALWAYS look like you have more than five lashes- always.  You shouldn't wear black flakes of mascara all over your cheeks either.  That's irritating to your eyes and it just plain bugs.  Honestly- I HATE paying big bucks for mascara.  Why?  Because its the thing you are going through the fastest and (hopefully) throwing away the most.  At the MOST you should use your mascara for 12 weeks.  THE MOST!!  Think of all of the bacteria you are pumping back into your tube daily....oh and don't pump- swirl your wand.  It will keep extra air out so it wont be drying out so quickly.


In alphabetical order (since that's how my computer lined them up):


Benefit- They're Real....I LOVE the tip of this wand- every single lash gets attention

Covergirl Lash Blast- I like BUT it flakes if you touch your eye

Lancome ROCKS mascara- and Hypnose is my favorite....if only it were cheaper

Loreal Volume Million Lashes- My new must have three tubes on hand at all time obsession LOVE LOVE LOVE

Mary Kay Ultimate- I really like!  I like that it tapers really well at the tip so you can get all the tiny inner lashes 
Maybelline Falsies- I REALLY like for the first three weeks...then it dries out  and isn't usable any more :(

Good Ole Maybelline Great Lash- This was my first mascara and I'm sure yours too.  Can't go wrong with it
And there you have it- my top seven....what an odd number.  What's your favorite mascara?  What are you willing to shell out big bucks on?  Would YOU buy a $49 tube of mascara at Saks?

1 comment:

  1. I barely like spending $5-7 on a tube of mascara, so I definitely wouldn't spend $50+ (after taxes of course). I use Maybelline's "Define-A-Lash" mascara. I used to use their "The Colossal" mascara, but it was too clumpy for my eyes. :/

    ReplyDelete