Thursday, June 6, 2013

Tastykake® Kandy Bar Kakes

Ah the tastykake!  Was I excited or what to try these?!  Anyone who knows me at all knows that I like me a good Reese's PB cup from time to time, or everyday- so this was a nice surprise.  I am not a big snack cake person.  I didn't care for the twinkie when it was alive, I don't really like the Swiss rolls- so I may not be the best judge when it comes to these.  

Mine showed up and it was pretty mushed up- hence why I used this beautiful stock image- mine looked like....well- lets just say it wasn't pretty.  I don't know if it was because of being mushed- but my cake was dry.  I think the flavor was good but again- not a huge fan of snack cakes.  Now the kids on the other hand!  LOL- Duncan who is the most gun shy person about new foods dived right in and devoured the whole thing.  Sophie liked it too but she was surprised there wasn't more PB in the Reese's cake.  

I probably will purchase these for the kids again- they LOVED them.  I don't know if they are regional or something though because I cant find them in my Utah Kroger market or Walmart.  We will have to wait and see if this is part of a national launch or what! I hear they also have a York Peppermint Pattie cake which would be up my ally too!  I would say that these are definitely worth a try!  Let me know if you see them locally!

No comments:

Post a Comment