Thursday, June 6, 2013

imPRESS Press-on Manicure

I received the imPRESS Press-on Manicure in the Nicole Scherzinger Signature Series.  (OMG thats a mouthful)  If you look at the picture- I received the second from the left- its a french manicure style with zebra and multi colored tropical flowers.  I have tried imPRESS nails once before when I was on vacation and my mom picked me up a box to try. I decided that I should give these another go now that I am at home and doing my normal day to day routine.  

First off- the nail at that was sent to me is NOT my style AT ALL.  I love bright colored and fun nails but these were just tacky.  If it would have been JUST flowers, or JUST glitter, or JUST zebra, or JUST french manicure- they would have been really cute.  All of it together just looked like a hot mess.  It was WAY over styled.  

The second issue I had- these are WAAAAY short.  My nails are not super long by any stretch of the imagination but these press on nails were shorter than my actual nails.  I had to decide if I was going to cut/file my natural nails in order to wear these.  I opted to find the best fitting nail (which was kind of a struggle too) and then file down whatever natural nail was exposed.  

Next- the artificial nails were not even.  Some of them were straight across- some were more rounded, some were crooked and shorter on one side than the other. I tried filing them with a heavy grit file and in the mean time I filed away MORE of my natural nails.  The really nice thing about the shape of these though is that the edge that is closest to your cuticle is beveled so it looks a lot more natural than other press on nails I have seen.  

Once I got them on and started wearing them- I had a couple more snags.  First off- a very literal snag with my hair.  There is a space between the natural nail and the artificial nail  that you cant get rid of.  Because of that- anytime that I put my hand through my hair- my hair could get caught and even get stuck on some of the adhesive and rip my hair out.  This happened on both the edge where the cuticles are and the free edge.  I imagine if you had sorter natural nails though that it would resolve the issue on the free edge of the nail.  The other issue I had is that because there is a space between the free edge- any lotions or soaps or food or anything gets stuck right in there.  I felt like I had to use a nail brush every hour to get all the crap out in between the nails. 

I think that this product is MUCH better suited for a younger person.  A teenager who has short nails and wants to change it up a bit or has a special event coming up and you don't want to spend a lot of money- PERFECT.  I think these are a great option for when you have prom or a date and you want your nails to look nice but don't want the commitment of acrylics or have the time to paint your nails.  I wouldn't recommend them if you are just wanting to wear them on a day to day basis.  They claim to last up to a week but after two or so days I pulled them off and chucked them. Have you tried imPRESS nails?  What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment