Thursday, June 6, 2013

NYC APPLELICIOUS Glossy Lip Balm

So this was probably the most disappointing thing in my Spring VOXBOX.  There are a lot of products like the Maybelline Color Whispers and the Revlon Lip Butters and I think that this is NYC's answer to them.  They are really just a kitchy lip gloss that has an apple in the center with a hint of color and an absolutely unpleasant smell.  Im sad because I love quite a few of NYC products- their fuschia lip gloss lives in my purse.  This just missed the mark for me.  

This product is awesome for the Bonne Bell crowd that wants a smelly flavored lip gloss.  Actually no, I wouldn't even go there- just buy the Bonne Bell.  It has a super strong fake apple smell to it but when you lick your lips its straight up melted plastic/wax flavor.  I could only leave it on my lips for all of 10 minutes before I just wiped it off. I absolutely DO NOT recommend this.  My seven year old didn't even want this.  She said it smelled like apple air freshener mixed with cough syrup which is a pretty good description.  I saved it just so I would remember to write this review and now its going in the trash.  RIP dear lip balm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment