Friday, May 3, 2013

Ivory 2-IN-1 Hair and Body!

So guys Influenster strikes again and sent me a complimentary bottle of the Ivory 2-IN-1 Hair and Body Wash.  I was tickled because we already use Ivory bars in our homemade laundry detergent and we use the body wash for the kids.  First off- I LOVE the smell of Ivory soap.  It is the quintessential smell of clean- like seriously.  It reminds me of my youth and going to grandmas house.  She always used Ivory bars in the bathrooms.  I'm also a huge fan because they don't add any dyes to their soaps and my kids especially have issues with soap and body wash with dyes.  They tend to get red bumps all over their bodies if they use things from Bath and Body Works or even the kids bubble bath that comes in all the cute bottles.  So the fact that Ivory is dye free is a HUGE score for us.  The last thing- its SO cost effective!  I buy a 6 pack of bars to put in my laundry detergent for under $5 at Walmart.  The body wash is in the $2 price range!  

Anyway- back to the actual review.  I should start out with saying that I have SUPER dry skin.  Seriously- I have alligator legs to the max.  I am always trying to stay away from anything too harsh or drying.  I exfoliate once a week to help with that too....sugar and olive oil together- AWESOME.  I was a bit leery of trying this because I am super choosy and tend to favor anything with "super hydrating" in the title or description.  I have to say- I REALLY like it.  It rinses super clean and doesn't leave a tight or filmy residue.  It leaves your skin smelling clean but the scent doesn't linger and compete with your lotions or perfumes.  Can I skip using lotion after this?  Sadly no, but honestly unless I use oil in the shower- I cant anyway.  

The second part is that this new formula is a 2-in-1.  Its meant to be a hair wash too.  This is where I just cant  give a good opinion.  I have dry, dry curly hair and I quit using sulfates or even shampoo....so I didn't let it go close to my hair.  Josh on the other hand tried it on his hair.  He is a Head n Shoulders 2-in-1 user anyway so he is pretty used to using this type of formula.  He said it was good as a shampoo.  There are conditioners in it but it isn't a conditioner.  The Head n Shoulders left his hair softer but the Ivory left it super clean.  He said that this would be a great one to use after digging in the yard or heavy sweating or just when your hair needs a good scrub.  He used some VO5 conditioner that we had in the shower on afterward and he said it was great!  

So there you go- What do you think of 2-in-1 products?  What are your hits and misses?  Have you tried the new Ivory re-launch or would you give it a go?

No comments:

Post a Comment