Thursday, August 9, 2012

Quaker Soft Baked Banana Nut Bar

So here is another review of some of the fun free stuff that I got to test for Influenster!  Who doesn't love to test a free yummy treat?!

OK, Lets talk about something near and dear to my heart.....banana bread.  If you follow my other blog, you may or may not have seen my perfected fat free banana bread recipe.  If you missed it and are interested- here you go :)  I have spent a lot of time and energy trying various recipes and finding what I like and don't like about banana bread- so I feel quite qualified as a banana bread connoisseur.  So to be sent a free Quaker Soft Baked Banana Nut Bar, I was both enthused and nervous.  If I can find something at the store that rivals homemade that I can pack on the go- I am ALL about it!


So, that's maybe where I went a little wrong.  I was expecting homemade creamy soft banana bread.  I bit it and was a little surprised by the texture.  It almost had a crispy quality to it- like the innards of a Crunch bar.  There were little crisp pieces in every bite!  Not like my homemade recipe AT ALL.  Back to the actual bread part of the banana bread- it was good!  Not the same as homemade- but it was good!  It also had walnut pieces on it- which is great for nut lovers like me!  I prefer pecans on banana bread- but walnuts will do.  So all in all- I'm not RUSHING out the door to grab them but I would pick a box up if they were on sale.  Try them and tell me what you think!  They are different!

No comments:

Post a Comment